Sunday, June 14, 2009


My street, from the end of it looking north. Looks like my house is the end of the road.

Maybe this is my mid-life crisis but I have decided to start training for a some 5k and maybe some day, 10k "fun" runs. There is one on August 1st that I don't think I'll be ready for (at least not to run) but in October the Susan G. Komen race for the cure comes to Reno. I will at least be ready to walk that one! It's hard to train consistently with my schedule especially recently where I have been working until very late at night or very early in the morning and then having to start all over again at 0730. It's taken me two days to recover from working through the weekend. Today I am off and feel pretty good but it's going to be very windy which makes my hike unpleasant and more difficult navigating the hills.This is the view looking east from atop a nearby street about two miles from the house. The near rooftops are in the Fieldcreek development. Sound familiar?


Thistles along the fence of the golf course. This is what they look like right before they shoot their alien pod people spores into your face.

No comments: